MSS 0098 - Delaware Miscellaneous Literary & Historical Manuscripts
Permanent URI for this collection
Items housed in this collection are single manuscripts or small collections of documents related to Delaware.
Now showing 1 - 5 of 62
- ItemMSS 0098, F0112 - Thomas F. Bayard letter to John Otto(University of Delaware Library, Special Collections, 1881-02-12) Bayard, Thomas F. (Thomas Francis), 1828-1898; Otto, JohnDelaware Senator Thomas F. Bayard wrote this handwritten letter to John Otto concerning the difficulty of procuring clerical vests for women on February 12, 1881.
- ItemMSS 0098, F0111 - Stanley Arthurs papers(University of Delaware Library, Special Collections, 1921-01-01) Arthurs, Stanley Massey, 1877-1950Signed Christmas card with original art work by Stanley Arthurs, an autograph letter of appreciation to "Dick," and half of a signed check comprise the collection with dates ranging from 1921 to 1939.
- ItemMSS 0098, F0110 - Richard Peters letter to Richard McWilliams(University of Delaware Library, Special Collections, 1789-01-01) Peters, Richard, 1704-1776; McWilliam, Richard, Jr.; Peters, Richard, 1704-1776Handwritten letter from Provincial Secretary of Pennsylvania Richard Peters to Chief Justice Richard McWilliam asking him to affix a seal to the appointment of Mr. Joseph [Chandler] as Sheriff and to the Governor's Commission in 1789.
- ItemMSS 0098, F0108 - Caesar Rodney receipts(University of Delaware Library, Special Collections, 1794-01-07) Rodney, Caesar, 1728-1784Receipt issued to Continental Congressman from Delaware and signer of the Declaration of Independence Caesar Rodney from Reese Bishop, Joseph B. McKeary, and Isaac Wharton dated from January 7, to January 10, 1794.
- ItemMSS 0098, F0105 - Robert Marshall Hannum vs. The Wilmington City Railroad company papers(University of Delaware Library, Special Collections, 1901-01-21) Hannum, Robert Marshall; Wilmington City Railroad CompanyEleven handwritten accident reports, eye witness accounts, and court declarations make up this small collection documenting an accident involving a horse-drawn wagon, driven by Robert Marshall Hannum, and Wilmington City Railroad Co. trolley car no. 15, on February 22, 1901 . Also included is the subsequent lawsuit brought by Mr. Hannum. Documentation includes accident reports completed by the conductor of the car, Adolph Edwards, and by the car’s motorman, William Anseaume, as well as the reports from five individuals who witnessed the accident. An accident report for a separate and unrelated incident, which occurred on February 21, 1901, is also included in the collection. This accident involved a horse and wagon owned by a Miss Price, but driven by an unidentified individual, and Wilmington Railroad Co. car no. 25. This accident report was completed by motorman T. L. Daniels.