- ItemComprehensive Impact Analysis of The Freeman Stage(Institute for Public Administration, 2019-08) Mix, Troy; Schenk, EllenFunded by the Joshua M. Freeman Foundation, this report details the results of an IPA analysis of the economic and non-economic impacts of The Freeman Stage’s programming from 2008 to 2018. Included within are quantitative estimates of the employment and spending contributions that The Freeman Stage makes to Sussex County and qualitative assessments of the cultural impacts made by The Freeman Stage performances and its Arts in Education Program. Whether based on the results of detailed economic models or survey responses, it is clear that The Freeman Stage makes a significant impact to Sussex County’s economic and cultural landscape, and its programming is greatly appreciated by patrons and community partners.
- ItemComplete Community Enterprise District Evaluation: Report on Project Activities(Institute for Public Administration, 2018-08) DeCoursey, William J.; Mix, Troy; Oza, JeelCommissioned by the Delaware Department of Transportation, this report details the results of an IPA analysis of the Complete Community Enterprise District (CCED) legislation, which was signed into Delaware law in May 2016. According to the synopsis of the legislation, this Act “defines criteria for a local government to enter into an agreement with [DelDOT] to create transit-oriented development districts, called Complete Community Enterprise Districts...for the purposes of promoting economic development.” IPA’s evaluation focused on placing CCED within the context of similar initiatives in Delaware and nationwide; detailing the steps and procedures necessary to designate a CCED; analyzing the spatial suitability of areas within Delaware for CCED designation; and engaging planning and community stakeholders in conversations to assess and prioritize CCED implementation steps.
- ItemInventory of Small Business Assistance Programs in Delaware(Institute for Public Administration, 2018-02) Kelly, Christopher; Barr, Hannah; Weir, Gerard; Mix, TroyFunded by the Division of Small Business within Delaware’s Department of State, this report lists and characterizes small business support services provided to Delaware businesses by public and nonprofit organizations. The inventory reflects best available information gathered by IPA from July through September 2017. Together with Delaware’s Small Business Landscape—available on the IPA publications webpage (www.bidenschool.udel.edu/ipa/resources/publications)—this report contributes to a comprehensive snapshot of small business conditions in Delaware and an assessment of policy and program opportunities the state could pursue as part of future small business and economic development efforts.
- ItemDelaware's Small Business Landscape(Institute for Public Administration, 2018-02) Mix, Troy; Kelly, Christopher; O'Neill, Sean; Barr, Hannah; Konzelman, Nicholas; Weir, GerardFunded by the Division of Small Business within Delaware’s Department of State, this report provides a snapshot of small business activity in Delaware, an inventory of existing small business support services provided by public and non-profit organizations in Delaware, and an initial assessment of potential policy and program opportunities the state could pursue as part of future small business and economic development efforts.
- ItemRecommendations for Economic Development Action through Delaware’s Division of Small Business(Institute for Public Administration, 2018-04) Mix, Troy; Kelly, Christopher; O'Neill, Sean; McGowan, WilliamFunded by the Division of Small Business within Delaware’s Department of State, this report provides recommendations to assist the Division in carrying out their business and economic development support mission. These recommendations were developed through extensive research and community outreach, and they reflect a widespread desire for the division to focus on developing a transparent, equitable, and vibrant economic development ecosystem through collaborative action.