Phillips-Thompson Building

Date
1981
Authors
Herman, Bernard L.
Ames, David L.
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Abstract
Listed in the national register of Historic Places on April 16, 1980, the Phillips-Thompson Building is an excellent example of late nineteenth-century urban commercial architecture. Built in 1886 and only superficially modified since 1891, the Phillip-Thompson Building has always housed a variety of tenants ranging from street level commission merchants to upper story renters and meeting halls. Erected at the hub of the late nineteenthcentury market district, which ran along East Fourth Street between King and Walnut Streets, the Phillips-Thompson Building is the last standing structure in the area which describes that period of Wilmington's commercial history.
Description
Keywords
Wilmington, Delaware , New Castle County, Delaware , 1886, Date of Construction
Citation